20 Fun Questions to Ask Your Spouse
By: Raychel Chumley
It doesn’t take much for boredom and familiarity to set in to the most vibrant of relationships. Give a couple a few years, a few of kids, a mortgage, and two full time jobs and it won’t be long for the fun and friendship to fizzle out. But, that is not how it has to be!
Last week, we talked about the importance of spending time ALONE with our spouses or significant others. (You can find it here) Sure, it’s great to spend time with friends and family as couples but it is vitally important to spend time reconnecting alone as well. But there is a common problem with this type of “dating.” One- you don’t know what to do together and two-you don’t know what to talk about!
As promised, today I am going to share with you some FUN conversation starters and questions to ask each other during your dates. You might be surprised how much you DIDN’T know about the love of your life. So here they are 20 Fun Questions to Ask Your Spouse:
- What is the one thing in your life that you are most proud of?
- What was your favorite vacation as a kid?
- What are your Top 10 Defining Moments in your life?
- What are 25 things you want to accomplish before you die (this might be easier to right out first and then compare notes.)
- Would you rather lose your sight or lose your hearing, why?
- When do you think I look my sexiest to you?
- If you were stranded on an island what 3 non-human things would you bring (this question reveals a lot about what is important to them and what they value…and how resourceful they are )
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is your favorite memory from our wedding day?
- Tell me about someone outside of your family that impacted you growing up.
- Pick 5 words to describe our sex life.
- What historical event would you have liked to have been a part of?
- What is essential for you in creating a romantic evening together?
- Do you have a re-occurring dream?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- If you could change one thing about our love life what would it be?
- Is there one thing you have always wanted to do, but have never told anyone about?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- If you could be any age again for one week, what age would you be and what would you do?
- What is the grossest thing you have ever had to do?
Now this should get you started! I hope it got your brain going and you started thinking of questions of your own. This is also the PERFECT time to ask the ONE question you have always wanted to ask but never have been brave enough too. Be bold, be daring, be vulnerable. You never know where a night like this can lead
Raychel is the owner and CEO of This Beautiful Life and co-founder of The Girls on the Big Blue Couch. After surviving infidelity and postpartum depression, Raychel Chumley is on a mission to spread a message of hope and redemption to wives who feel stuck and alone. She is a Counselor & Marriage Coach, Writer, Radio Talk Show Co-Host, Speaker, and part of the pastoral team at her local church. She is a lover of essential oils, mason jars, tulips, and red shoes. She lives in ND with her husband of 11 years and their 3 children. If you would like to know more about Raychel, her products, or her services, you can visit www.raychelchumley.com